I have been hearing a lot about video lately, and the importance of incorporating it in to blogs, websites and social media to grow audience, time spent and share of voice. Everyone is doing it. Hec after Instagram launched its 24-hour video feature Stories, users jumped by 160 percent in one year to over 500 million daily users from 300 million in 2016. There is even talk about moving to an hour long format. What does this have to do with Youtube? Video.
- Youtube user stats show that 6 out of 10 users prefer online video to live TV.
- By 2025, half of viewers under the age of 32 will not subscribe to pay TV services
- In an average month, 8 out of 10 18-49 year-olds watch YouTube
- On mobile alone, YouTube reaches more 18-49 year-olds than any broadcast or CABLE TV network
- 400 hours of video is uploaded to Youtube every minute
- We watch more Youtube video than Netflix and Facebook combined
- More than half of Youtube views are from mobile devices
- On average, there are 1,000,000,000 mobile video views per day
- Viewers who complete TrueView ads—watched for at least 30 seconds—were 23 times more likely to visit or subscribe to a brand channel, watch more by that brand, or share the brand video
And the kicker? Banner ads on Youtube videos are still reasonable, and you aren’t charged until a user watches your video for a full :30 seconds. So…do you Youtube?